Sunday, October 10, 2010

Greetings from North Carolina!

Hi Dave,

Well, needless to say this has been a difficult time for me and the other residents of North Carolina. Who would have imagined all of this flooding when I moved here 2 years ago to pursue a job in green technologies?! Apparently tropical storm Nicole had other ideas for me, so my ground floor apartment is flooded, and I have had to stay with co-workers. it hasn't been so bad, Dina in Accounting is very nice and has a lovely spare bedroom, but it is difficult living with cat, I've found my allergies acting up again. I guess I dont like pussy after all! I have most of my belongings at Todd from Human Resources house, but I chose not to stay with him after I learned that he and his roommate play Magic on the weekends. Talk about a dork.

Well, I dont want to make it sound like everything has been bad since I moved here. The bbq really is amazing, the Carolinas certainly live up to their reputation. Although I'm not yet a fan of the Bluegrass music, I have to say, it is growing on me! Ha! Where I'm located here in Ashville there is a lot of nightlife, and I've started frequenting a piano bar called Sullys on Main. It's a fun place if you can get past the oak paneling on the walls. Ha! When you come to visit I think you will find it very easy to fly directly in to the Ashville Municipal Airport, and there is a beautiful Embassy Suites right on the river that you can stay at. If these darn floods dont dry up I may be staying with you! Ha!

Well, I better run, I'll keep you updated on the rest of my happenings, but for now I look forward to seeing you in November.

Best,
Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment