Saturday, October 16, 2010

Greetings from Wasilla!


Hi Dave,

Well, I just flew into Wasilla, Alaska, and boy are my arms tired! Ha! My apologies if I seem a little punchy, but I’ve felt like a real dingbat up here due to the constant daylight. It’s only dark from about 2 am until 4 am, and it makes a person feel like they want to go bonkers!

Getting up here was quite a palin in the ass, (Ha!). I changed planes several times, and due to a canceled flight, I had to spend a night in Reno. Now, you’re probably wondering what has brought me all the way up here to the 49th state. Our branch office in Wasilla has had a very productive year thanks to all the publicity this area has received since the ’08 election.  This part of Alaska is historically entrepreneurial, but the recreation industry has boomed in recent months. We have seen a real shift in our customer base as of late, and that’s why yours truly was sent into town.  When corporate asked if I was interested in heading up to the Northern-most state, you can bet I said “No shoot, Sherlock!” Ha!

On that note, I imagine you’ve probably seen a lot about my company in the news lately: our stock has dropped 50% and many of our over-seas offices have closed their doors. To help cut costs, I was asked to stay at a Budget Inn. You sure get what you pay for! The walls are paper-thin, and the man in the room next to mine has a revolving door of visitors. I cant tell you for sure what’s going on in there, but I believe he may work for a sporting goods company; he keeps talking to his companions about Alaskan snow blowers and Eskimo chest warmers. I’ll have to check that out at the Cabelas down the road, maybe I can find you a souvenir.

It’s pretty cold outside, and I’ve been going stir-crazy stuck in-doors, so last night I walked around the block to a local “fishing hole” ;) This bar seems to be the most popular place in town, and the Stinky Stool can pour a mean drink. This place was full of men tom-catting around, but none seemed the least bit interested in me. Fine with me, I'm here for business not pleasure; if I was looking for love I'd be at a Sandals resort! Anywho, it was nice to get out of my room for a night, and this place was a real blast.

Well, I’ve got a presentation early tomorrow morning so I best rest up. Wish me luck! I’ll be in touch…

No comments:

Post a Comment