Sunday, October 10, 2010

Greetings from Hershey!

Surprise! More like the surprise is on me, I suppose, but here I am in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania! I had to whiz back to the East Coast to lead a synergy seminar at our Hershey office after an unfortunate incident involving two ornery executive assistants and a toner cartridge. Fortunately, I will be here for the weekend, and I am greatly enjoying the Spring Hill Suites, where I have a pool view. A girl could get used a life like this, ha! Earlier today Hershey hosted a gubernatorial debate between Corbett and Onorato, two-business friendly candidates, and so the hotel has been abuzz with staffers, but this chaos should settle down tomorrow.

As a lover of all things chocolate, and perhaps a full-on chocoholic, this is a dangerous place for me! You may need to contact the television program Intervention! I toured the Hershey plant earlier today, and then headed over to lunch at the Hershey Highway Cafe. Delicious! I purchased a souvenir shirt for you that says "I got fudged in Hershey" and a coffee mug that reads "Put the chocolate down and nobody gets hurt." HA! Now, I know how you feel about the Pennsylvania Dutch, but you must admit, these people have an incredible sense of humor!

A note about the town of Hershey itself: I was surprised to find out first-hand what a rampant feral cat problem they have. Apparently it has something to do with the gasses emitted from the cocoa beans at the factory, but regardless of the reason, it can be quite a burden. Fortunately, some local entrepreneurs have embraced the cat population, along with cat enthusiasts, and started a bakery just for felines. Streusel Pussy is a booming business! I tried some of their sweets, and I have to say they aren't half bad, considering. I picked up a bag of Cat Snatch to bring back to Judith (the accountant I stayed with in Dearborn, Michigan).

Well, I should probably sign off. I purchased the new Nicholas Sparks novel, Masterdating, and I cant wait to start reading! Hope to make my way to the west coast soon!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment